DATES AND TIMINGS
This training will take place on Zoom and over two days (10.00 -15.00) and you need to attend both days of the same course. We will send out the Zoom link with the joining instructions before the first day. Please note carefully the dates below as they are the dates for the training.
January 2022 course
Day 1: Thursday 20 January 2022 (10.00 until 15.00)
Day 2: Thursday 27 January 2022 (10.00 until 15.00)
February 2022 course
Day 1: Thursday 17 February 2022 (10.00 until 15.00)
Day 2: Thursday 24 February 2022 (10.00 until 15.00)
March 2022 course
Day 1: Wednesday 9 March (10.00 until 15.00)
Day 2: Wednesday 16 March 2022 (10.00 until 15.00)
By the end of the course you will have:
- Explored the key principles of good people management (paid staff members)
- Identified behaviours that build trust (and their opposites)
- Identified how to motivate different people
- Used tools for managing workloads and setting objectives collaboratively
- Used assertive approaches in a broad range of situations
- Practiced giving and receiving feedback
- Practiced delegating effectively
- Practiced managing performance (including addressing under-performance)
- Practiced different techniques for handling real-life tricky situations (including charity-specific examples)
- Practical skills for managing remote line management and team meetings
- Identified a wide range of further resources to support your ongoing development as a manager
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed both for people who are new to a management role, or those who have been managing people for a while but have had no training.Please note
this course is for managing paid staff members, not volunteers. If you are interested in volunteer management, please look at our Good practice in volunteer management
WHO RUNS IT
Clare Sharpen is a CIPD qualified trainer with over 14 years' experience of working in the charity and social enterprise sectors. Clare has worked at a senior level on the management and boards of charities and social enterprises and has a strong track record of managing large teams and complex voluntary sector projects in a range of contexts. She brings practical expertise, first-hand experience and a good dose of fun into her training delivery.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RUN THIS TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANISATION?
All of our training courses can be delivered online at a time and date that suits you. We can work with you to tailor our courses to match your needs. For more information please complete our online contact form
Email the training team (email@example.com
) or phone (020 7520 2587) with any questions or queries you may have on our training courses.
Our pricing structure is based on your organisation’s gross annual income. NCVO members also receive a 30% discount
off training prices. Organisations with a gross annual income of less than £30k can join NCVO
for free and will then qualify for the discount.Please make sure you select the correct pricing band. If this is incorrect when we cross-reference against our records, it will slow down the booking process.