Date: | Tuesday 8 February 2022
Time: | 09.30 – 12.00
Our Members’ Assemblies help us understand the challenges that voluntary organisations are facing, helping inform the work we do. For this event, we are working in partnership with VONNE (Voluntary Organisations' Network North-East
) to engage our members and the voluntary sector across the North-East.
Our assemblies are a great way for our members to network with each other, share ideas about current issues and talk directly to NCVO staff about how we can support them.
By attending our Members' Assembly, our members will have the opportunity to:
- hear the latest on public policy and other current issues facing the sector – and how NCVO is working on these
- meet and network with other voluntary organisations in south London
- share best practice, experiences and ideas.
- 09.30: Registration and networking
- 10.00: Welcome
- 10.10: Well-being at work
- 10.55: Break
- 11.05: Going Green Together
- 11.50: More from NCVO Membership, engaging with VONNE
- 12.00: Close
well-being at work
In this session, NCVO’s practical support team will share the help and guidance they have developed around mental health and wellbeing at work. The session will include information on:
- creating a positive environment for mental health and wellbeing in your organisation
- recognising signs of mental health problems at work
- supporting staff to be mentally well in the workplace.
NCVO’s practical support team will signpost to additional information, practical tools and resources. Those attending the Members' Assembly will have an opportunity to share their concerns and experiences and start to think about what practical steps can be taken to improve wellbeing in the workplace.
Participants will have:
- a greater understanding of mental health and wellbeing at work
- greater awareness of strategies and tools to create a supportive environment for mental health and wellbeing in the workplace
- had the opportunity to share their experiences and think about the practical steps they can take to improve wellbeing in the workplace.
going green together
Climate change affects us all, but through climate action, we can work towards a healthier and more sustainable future for everyone.
Right now, the climate crisis is affecting the poor and vulnerable most, both globally and here in the UK. As the impacts of climate change increase, the impact on vulnerable people and communities will accelerate.
Going Green Together
is building a climate action movement within the VCSE (Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise) sector, supporting organisations to understand the climate crisis and how they can take action.
In taking climate action, the VCSE sector will become more resilient and adaptable while helping to protect those most affected by climate change.
Join us to understand how you can embed change in your organisation, support VONNE’s work, and help tackle climate action together.
Participants will get the chance to understand more about the following.
- The basics of the climate emergency, why we need to take action, and where to go for more in-depth information.
- What climate actions to take as an individual and within their own organisations to tackle climate emergency.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE EVENT?
This Members’ Assembly is aimed at staff and trustees from NCVO members across the north-east of England. Non-member organisations in the local area are also welcome.
This event is free.
HOW TO BOOK
The event will be on Zoom. Please pre-register for your place by clicking the 'Register' icon above. Attendance is free, however, booking in advance is required and places are limited.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the event.