By the end of the day you will:
- a full understanding of the principles and core areas of data processing and data subject rights under GDPR
- used practical tools to ensure your organisation complies with Data Protection legislation
- discussed the role and responsibility of your data controller, information asset owners and SIRO
- looked at subject access rights and requests and how to deal with them
- understood how Data Protection may impact on your organisation.
Who should attend?
Whatever type of organisation you may be, if you process personal data you will need to be GDPR compliant. This would include anyone within an organisation that handles or processes the personal data of staff, service users, beneficiaries, volunteers, customers, members and supporters. If you process special category data such as health, sexual orientation and religious beliefs or children's data this course will help to guide you through your extra responsibilities you have under the new legislation.
This course will also be suitable for individuals that procure services from third parties where personal data is shared.
Who runs it?
Mark Burnett is an NCVO associate and a fully qualified Data Protection Officer. He is an experienced fundraiser and marketer and has worked with over 500 charities of all types and size to help implement the GDPR and the PECR. He offers a unique insight into how GDPR is impacting on the voluntary sector along with a practical and proven interpretation of the law.
The training will run from 09.30 until 16.30.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RUN THIS TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANISATION?
All of our training courses can be delivered at your premises at a time and date that suits you. We can work with you to tailor our courses to match your needs. Often if you have four or more learners, in house training may be more cost effective.
or phone (020 7520 2587) the training team with any questions or queries you may have on our training courses.