Trustees play an important role in making sure charities are well managed and can achieve their aims. Understanding your duties as a trustee will help you run your charity effectively, keep to the law and make a bigger difference.
This course will equip you with the basics of being a trustee. It offers an overview and understanding of the roles and main duties of trustees and can fit around your schedule and priorities.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- identify what charity status, liability and legal form means
- describe your role and main duties as a trustee
- review the six main duties set out in the Charity Commission’s The Essential Trustee
- confidently apply your trustee duties in real life
- consider common difficulties faced by trustees
WHO SHOULD COMPLETE THE COURSE?
This eLearning course has three pathways suitable for
- those thinking of becoming a trustee
- those who are new to governance and trusteeship
- existing trustees who would benefit from a refresher course.
"The course helped to consolidate my understanding of my role of trustee. There is a lot of information out there about the roles and responsibilities of trustees but this course was the first time I’ve seen them distilled into such an accessible format." Gwen Seller, Wirral Mencap
As a new trustee "I have much to learn and understand. The course made things much clearer to me. I understand better where I need to focus." David Rayns, Haringey Migrant Support Centre
"I found the practical examples very useful" Petanque England
"I like the fact that the course was interactive" Annyes Laheurte - Funding for all and British Association for Music Therapy
The course is designed to take approximately half a day to complete in full, including exercises. You can complete the course at your own pace within your access period (30 days) and can pause at any point and come back to where you left off as your progress will be saved.
Note: the access period begins on date of purchase.
Our pricing structure is based on your organisation’s gross annual income. NCVO members receive a 30% discount
off training prices. Organisations with a gross annual income of less than £30,000 can join NCVO
for free and can then qualify for the discounts.
- NCVO member under £1m £30 (use discount code MEM£1M)
- Non NCVO member under £1m £43 (use discount code NONMEM£1M)
- NCVO member over £1m £67 (use discount code MEMOVER£1M)
- Non NCVO member over £1m £95
Note: The course will initially appear in your basket at the full price (£95, non-member over £1m). Please add the correct discount code at checkout. Discounts will be applied before payment.
HOW to book?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO OFFER THIS COURSE TO YOUR BOARD?
You will receive an extra 30% off the course prices for three or more bookings. The discount will be automatically applied for three or more bookings.
Please follow the correct link below for multiple purchases, based on your organisation's income, to receive the 30% discount.
For further information on the eLearning or any eLearning booking queries, please contact the FSI on 020 8142 5147 or email@example.com