By the end of the course you will have:
- improved your campaign leadership skills and confidence by focussing on four key aspects of successful campaign leadership: managing in a political context and creating a campaign culture (internally and externally); advanced tools in strategic planning, communicating campaigns successfully, staying legal and managing trustees and external stakeholders
- an understanding of how to create an effective campaign culture across your organisation
- developed skills in prioritising, capitalising on trends and gaining consensus for campaign plans
- identify how to communicate your campaigns and your values with maximum impact
- get to grips with managing governance and political diligence in a campaigning context
- share current management challenges with other senior colleagues in the campaign clinics and build a network of colleagues to continue the conversation.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at those who have recently become campaign or policy managers, lead a specific area of campaigning work or are hoping to take up a senior position in the near future
By bringing people together NCVO hopes to foster a culture of strategic campaigning in the sector, helping leaders to work together to achieve lasting impact.
Who runs it?
The course will be delivered through a mixture of input from Brian Lamb, author of the Good Campaigns Guide
, with contributions from NCVO experts. You will have the opportunity to share learning, challenges and solutions and begin longer term planning. You will also be given tools and approaches to develop your management skills and practice in these areas. There is an opportunity for learning from peers explicitly during the course as well as through other experts and to expand professional networks.
This course is run on two consecutive days and will run from 09.30 until 16.30.
Would you like to run this training for your organisation?
All of our training courses can be delivered at your premises at a time and date that suits you. We can work with you to tailor our courses to match your needs. Often if you have four or more learners, in house training may be more cost effective.
or phone (020 7520 2587) the training team with any questions or queries you may have on our training courses.
Our pricing structure is based on your organisation’s gross annual income.
NCVO members also receive a
off training prices. Organisations with a gross annual income of less than £30k can
for free and will then qualify for the discount.
||Below £5 million
||£5 million or above