This interactive course will help you identify and plan the actions needed to ensure your organisation is meeting it's legal safeguarding 'duty of care' and maintain your safeguarding arrangements in line with legislation, government guidelines and regulatory requirements. This course is in line with CQC, Ofsted, Charity Commission and best practice guidelines, as well as local Safeguarding Board requirements. Certificates of attendance are valid for two years.
By the end of the day you will be able to:
- name the key adult and child safeguarding legislation, guidance and procedures relevant to the sector
- identify the key management safeguarding issues including safer recruitment and supervision of staff and volunteers
- describe what might be safeguarding concern in the sector
- explain how and when safeguarding concerns and/or allegations should be referred and managed by your organisation appropriately
- review and assess the policies, procedures, safer working practices and codes of conduct for all staff and volunteers in your organisation, and identify an action plan if needed.
Who should attend?
Senior management teams including directors, trustees, CEOs and HR personnel.
Previous attendees have said:
"Very well presented. The experience of Rosie shone through each session. She also readily answered the many and varied questions from the group." Hostage UK
"Enjoyable, informative, extensive training. Kept me engaged and interested throughout." RSPCA
"Well delivered by a real expert." Quaker Social Action
"Excellent,clear, high quality delivery." Orchard Vale Trust
Who runs it?
Rosie Carter is the MD of SAFE (Safer Activities for Everyone CIC) a not for profit organisation dedicated to raising the standards of adult and child safeguarding. A qualified teacher, Rosie has vast experience in safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk; and has worked as a multi-agency safeguarding trainer for many years. Rosie is also a trustee of a small charity so understands the pressures of balancing resources effectively whilst maintaining the highest possible standards of working practices.
The training will run from 09.30 until 16.30.
Would you like to run this training for your organisation?
All of our training courses can be delivered at your premises at a time and date that suits you. We can work with you to tailor our courses to match your needs. Often if you have four or more learners, in house training may be more cost effective.
or phone (020 7520 2587) the training team with any questions or queries you may have on our training courses.