This training will take place over two days (10.00 -15.00) and you need to attend both days of the same course. Please note carefully the dates below as they are the dates for the training.
Day 1: Friday 23 April
Day 2: Thursday 29 April
Day 1: Thursday 6 May
Day 2: Thursday 13 May
Day 1: Tuesday 29 June
Day 2: Friday 2 July
Day 1: Thursday 8 July
Day 2: Thursday 15 July
By the end of the course you will have:
- Explored the key principles of good people management
- Identified behaviours that build trust (and their opposites)
- Identified how to motivate different people
- Used tools for managing workloads and setting objectives collaboratively
- Used assertive approaches in a broad range of situations
- Practiced giving and receiving feedback
- Practiced delegating effectively
- Practiced managing performance (including addressing under-performance)
- Practiced different techniques for handling real-life tricky situations (including charity-specific examples)
- Practical skills for managing remote line management and team meetings
- Identified a wide range of further resources to support your ongoing development as a manager
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed both for people who are new to a management role, or those who have been managing people for a while but have had no training.
WHO RUNS IT
Clare Sharpen is a CIPD qualified trainer with over 14 years' experience of working in the charity and social enterprise sectors. Clare has worked at a senior level on the management and boards of charities and social enterprises and has a strong track record of managing large teams and complex voluntary sector projects in a range of contexts. She brings practical expertise, first-hand experience and a good dose of fun into her training delivery.
This training will take place on Zoom and over two days (10.00 -15.00) and you need to attend both days of the same course. We will send out the Zoom link with the joining instructions before the first day.
Day 1: Friday 23 April (10.00 until 15.00)
Day 2: Thursday 29 April (10.00 until 15.00)
Day 1: Thursday 6 May (10.00 until 15.00)
Day 2: Thursday 13 May (10.00 until 15.00)
Day 1: Tuesday 29 June (10.00 until 15.00)
Day 2: Friday 2 July (10.00 until 15.00)
Day 1: Thursday 8 July (10.00 until 15.00)
Day 2: Thursday 15 July (10.00 until 15.00)
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RUN THIS TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANISATION?
All of our training courses can be delivered online at a time and date that suits you. We can work with you to tailor our courses to match your needs. For more information please complete our online contact form
or phone (020 7520 2587) the training team with any questions or queries you may have on our training courses.
Our pricing structure is based on your organisation’s gross annual income. NCVO members also receive a 30% discount
off training prices. Organisations with a gross annual income of less than £30k can join NCVO
for free and will then qualify for the discount.Please make sure you select the correct pricing band. If this is incorrect when we cross-reference against our records, it will slow down the booking process.