Managing people is a natural step-up in our career progression, but do you feel equipped with the skills and techniques you need to do the job well?
From the day-to-day skills of keeping your team motivated to the trickier situations of managing under-performance, managing people within the charity context can be deeply rewarding but also hugely challenging.
By the end of the course you will have:
• Explored the key principles of good people management
• Identified behaviours that build trust (and their opposites)
• Practiced giving and receiving feedback
• Used assertive approaches in a broad range of situations
• Developed a range of practical skills to undertake effective one-to-ones
• Identified how to motivate different people
• Practiced delegating effectively
• Used tools for managing workloads and setting objectives collaboratively
• Practiced managing performance (including addressing under-performance)
• Practiced different techniques for handling real-life tricky situations (including charity-specific examples)
• Practical skills for managing team meetings
• Identified a wide range of further resources to support your ongoing development as a manager
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed both for people who are new to a management role, or those who have been managing people for a while but have had no training.
WHO RUNS IT
Clare Sharpen is a CIPD qualified trainer with over 14 years' experience of working in the charity and social enterprise sectors. Clare has worked at a senior level on the management and boards of charities and social enterprises and has a strong track record of managing large teams and complex voluntary sector projects in a range of contexts. She brings practical expertise, first-hand experience and a good dose of fun into her training delivery.
This course is run on two consecutive days and will run from 09.30 until 16.30.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RUN THIS TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANISATION?
All of our training courses can be delivered at your premises at a time and date that suits you. We can work with you to tailor our courses to match your needs. Often if you have four or more learners, in house training may be more cost effective. For more information please complete our online contact form.
or phone (020 7520 2587) the training team with any questions or queries you may have on our training courses