Are you a project manager with little formal training? Or would you like to consolidate your existing skills and develop a more robust approach to managing your projects?
This two-day practical course is specifically tailored to the voluntary sector. It’s designed to give you all the principles and practical tools you need to plan, deliver and evaluate your project successfully.
By the end of the course you will have:
• Understood the principles associated with project management
• Explored and applied the project life cycle
• Clearly defined project aims, outcomes and impact
• Undertaken project planning using a range of planning tools
• Identified project roles, responsibilities and stakeholders
• Identified techniques for managing partnerships effectively
• Completed a simple project budget and re-forecast
• Identified ways to monitor and report effectively
• Used projects risk management techniques
• Identified ways of fostering a strong project team
• Explored the project evaluation process and measuring impact
• Reviewed good practice for project handover and closure
Who should attend
This course is designed for new and existing voluntary sector project and programme managers who want to gain new tools and techniques help them successfully manage their projects.
I thought the tutor was excellent. There were lots of interactive tasks and I felt engaged at all times. Kieran Connolly, London Sport
Many of us do this kind of work on a daily basis but don't appreciate where it fits in with the theory and tools. It was so useful to formalise my on the job learning and I will feel more confident delivering projects in the future. Ruby Bayley-Pratt, MS Society
Very good and relevant course, directly applicable to my work. Can put what I learnt to immediate and practical use. Karina McKnight CSSC - Sport and Leisure
This course is extremely interactive and practical which is exactly what I needed. Susannah Kerr, BHF
Who runs it
Clare Sharpen is a CIPD qualified trainer with over 14 years' experience of working in the charity and social enterprise sectors. Clare has worked at a senior level on the management and boards of charities and social enterprises and has a strong track record of managing large teams and complex voluntary sector projects in a range of contexts. She brings practical expertise, first-hand experience and a good dose of fun into her training delivery.
This course is run on two consecutive days and will run from 09.30 until 16.30.
Would you like to run this training for your organisation?
All of our training courses can be delivered at your premises at a time and date that suits you. We can work with you to tailor our courses to match your needs. Often if you have four or more learners, in house training may be more cost effective.
or phone (020 7520 2587) the training team with any questions or queries you may have on our training courses.