By the end of this course you will have:
- An overview of the current position with the GDPR, The DP Act 2018 and the PECR. Including updates on the current interpretations of the law.
- An update and full explanation on the sixth principle of the GDPR and how it interlinks with the other principles.
- Looked at examples of security breaches and how to report and deal with them
- Discussed best security practice when dealing with subject rights and subject access requests
- Understood how security will impact on your organisation including risk and reward, how to measure your current position and set realistic goals for the future.
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone who is responsible for their organisations’ data and digital security at both strategic and operational levels.
Who runs it?
Mark Burnett is an NCVO associate and a fully qualified Data Protection Officer. He is an experienced fundraiser and marketer and has worked with over 500 charities of all types and size to help implement the GDPR and the PECR. He offers a unique insight into how GDPR is impacting on the voluntary sector along with a practical and proven interpretation of the law.
Would you like to run this training for your organisation?
All of our training courses can be delivered at your premises at a time and date that suits you. We can work with you to tailor our courses to match your needs. Often if you have four or more learners, in house training may be more cost effective.
or phone (020 7520 2587) the training team with any questions or queries you may have on our training courses.
Our pricing structure is based on your organisation’s gross annual income.
NCVO members also receive a
off training prices. Organisations with a gross annual income of less than £30k can
for free and will then qualify for the discount.
||Below £5 million
||£5 million or above