By the end of the day you will have:
- Explored the nature of influence and engagement – what it means, why it is important and what it enables you to do
- Identified your own circle of influence, and your key opportunities for influencing
- Learned how personal presence can support your ability to influence
- Learned about the language of positive influence can be used to create greater impact
- Explored the spectrum of influencing and engaging behaviours, and what works for different influencing situations e.g. negotiating, encouraging change in behaviour, motivating and inspiring others
- Learned how to influence without direct authority
- Identified how to overcome resistance in a way that continues to maintain engagement
- Learned how to maintain confidence and assertiveness when feeling challenged
- Become more aware of your influencing strengths, and ways in which you can increase your personal effectiveness
- Created a personal influencing plan to support your effectiveness going forward
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to learn more about effective influencing and engagement skills to successfully lead and empower teams, collaborate with partners, and move the organisation or service forward.
Great opportunity to review use of language and identify some bad habits that have crept in! It was a really valuable course in an appropriate setting. Wood Green, The Animals Charity.
Good course, valuable tools to use in work. Glass Door
WHO RUNS IT?
Jane Townsend is an experienced trainer, mentor and facilitator who has supported a wide range of community organisations to develop the mentoring and befriending skills and confidence of their volunteers and staff. Her experience of working across diverse organisations means she has a good understanding of the needs and challenges facing volunteers in being effective mentors and befrienders. Jane also draws on her own experiences a long-term volunteer and befriender in her own time.
Jane has a specialist background in communication and development, and is a fully qualified coach and mentor. Her broader training experience includes developing managers and leaders, supporting others to become qualified mentors, supervising mentors and coaches. She works across diverse sectors, including healthcare, national charities, housing, government and larger corporate entities.
The training will run from 09.30 until 16.30.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RUN THIS TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANISATION?
All of our training courses can be delivered at your premises at a time and date that suits you. We can work with you to tailor our courses to match your needs. Often if you have four or more learners, in house training may be more cost effective.
or phone (020 7520 2587) the training team with any questions or queries you may have on our training courses.