By the end of the day you will:
- be able to identify how the income from grants or contracts fits into your wider funding strategy
- know how to prepare effectively for writing a proposal so you are able to respond to opportunities quickly and efficiently
- be confident deciding whether or not to bid
- be aware of how to write in an appropriate and effective style
- understand what makes a successful application or tender
- know what it is like being an assessor and scoring a bid.
Who should attend?
This course is for those responsible for their organisation’s business development function, including those who currently write bids and those who are considering doing so and would like to find out more.
Very well designed and brilliantly facilitated day. Leah kept us engaged with lots of fun interactive activities. really useful, practical exercises and information. I feel excited about writing bids!
– Emily Churchill Zana, Counterpoints Arts
We were given very useful information in a well structured format and through activities and discussion it was reinforced.
– Janet Hall, Steam Tug Brent Trust
Leah was very informative and kept the session lively. I enjoyed it very much.
– Barbara Poulter, Slough Borough Council
I found the practical tips exceedingly helpful.
– Duncan McLeod, Dingley's Promise
Who runs it?
Leah Selinger is a consultant at NCVO. Leah has been director of fundraising for national charities, including Fairbridge and National Youth Music as well as fundraising for smaller ones.
This course sits as part of NCVO’s work to promote sustainable funding
in the voluntary and community sector. Sustainable funding advocates a strategic and balanced approach to income, looking across the spectrum of opportunities (donations, grants, contracts and trading) as part of a strong, well-integrated and effective organisation.
The training will run from 09.30 until 16.30.
Would you like to run this training for your organisation?
All of our training courses can be delivered at your premises at a time and date that suits you. We can work with you to tailor our courses to match your needs. Often if you have four or more learners, in house training may be more cost effective.
or phone (020 7520 2587) the training team with any questions or queries you may have on our training courses.